Wednesday, March 14, 2012

BEYOND THEIR ABILITY

In co-laboring with God we must be cognizant of the Spirit factor which takes us into a whole new kind of operation. It is worded of the Macedonians that God's grace had been issued, that in a great ordeal of affliction their abundance of joy and their deep poverty overflowed in the wealth of their liberality.

For I testify that according to their ability and beyond their ability they gave of their own accord.

Believers are called to a radical zone of behavior in that we do not do things according to logic. Human reason yields to Spirit capacity. This is very difficult for earthlings. We are challenged to walk with our feet upon earth with our minds in the heavens....literally.

My problem has been attacking problems with earth-bound solutions. It still takes me a few failures to relinquish my tight grip in order for God to get to breathe upon my/our efforts.

I don't know about you but this is just one more reason I find myself in kindergarten in the kingdom. I keep learning my ways are lesser than His...of which He already pointed out.

May we grow in the willingness to operate beyond our ability!

No comments: