Tuesday, February 28, 2012

TOO MUCH!

How shall we endure days with God? We are proven day by day to be far too small for His large work. Age and experience does not prove advantageous as to how to handle kingdom assignments.

No, we do not seem to get bigger; but definitely smaller. The closer we walk with God the larger He becomes and the smaller we grow. We have a challenge in front of us, church, and that is how do we approach a life that is simply far too much?

My self-confidence shrivels. My flesh is in perpetual angst as to my next approach plus my newest disappointment in me. This is good; but it makes me feel weird. My confidence is in Him; yet I am nothing.....never more than nothing. My flesh wishes I could just be something for at least a moment in important time.

Life is too much! Jesus defined it as abundant. Abundant life is twelve baskets full overrunning. How much of my day I feel out of touch for my fleshly standards clearly fail the grade. It feels weird because in the very same breath my spirit soars.

Spirit soaring is living too much! Resurrection power is too much! Seeing God work and hearing reports of His magnitude is too much....way too much to take in .

I say this to encourage you, my friend. I have a feeling you feel overwhelmed. I urge you to live overwhelmed in the spirit; not in the flesh. The flesh would moan while the spirit applauds. The flesh complains as the spirit gives thanks. The flesh counts the intake; but the spirit gives praise.

Look for too much life! Live abundantly. Every minute of every day is to be a glory to Him. Don't bother taking inventory. Just be thankful for walking in over our heads in gratitude for His abundant interest....in you.

2 comments:

Lynn D in NJ said...

Thank you so much Terry for sharing the abundant living in the Spirit. It is the example I need. Life is overwhelming, and I can't do it without Him. I was encouraged yesterday when a friend prayed and completed the prayer "Hide us in the cleft of the rock and let us see your glory." This too I need. My spirit did soar yesterday, even as more worldly woos were added on. I need to remember to drink from His Living Water daily to be filled and not drained and dried up by this world.
Keep serving Him and sharing! Praise God for His provisions and family!

Bobby Smith said...

You hit it on the head friend! I've had a rough week, and simultaneously a glorious week. God is doing amazing things and I am being overwhelmed! God is blessing with good things and blessing with shining light on our Darkness here. Both are worthy of Spirit soaring.
Can't wait to see you in under a month! thanks for the encouragement!