Thursday, February 23, 2012

I BEGIN EVERY DAY TELLING GOD ABOUT HIM

Each day begins the same. As soon as I awaken, I begin telling Him thank you. There is so much for which I am naturally thankful. We are instructed to tell Him so. We are to live so.

Just in the book of Colossians alone:


  • We give thanks 1:3

  • ...joyously giving thanks to the Father 1:11-12

  • Now I rejoice 1:24

  • ...rejoicing to see... 2:5

  • ...and overflowing with gratitude. 2:7

  • ...and be thankful. 3:15

  • ...singing with thankfulness in your hearts... 3:16

  • ...giving thanks... 3:17

  • Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving... 4:2

As I drove to work today I thanked God for the new neighbors who would one day fill that empty house, for street lights, for our sewer system buried beneath the streets, that my eyes could read message boards, and that I could pay higher prices for gasoline. I want to bombard God with thanksgivings.


Might you have many things you might tell God about Him?

1 comment:

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

Great post!

I love the chronology of Colossians for a daily worshipful experience!