Wednesday, February 15, 2012

THE HEART OF A CHILD

The Word of God calls for individual spiritual growth. He labors intensely throughout His design to see that we get the message of Life and Hope. Truly, God went to excruciating pains to see that we could and would be in possession of such.

Yet on this scene and at every turn is unparalleled argument and divisiveness. We have leaped into this pool head-long assuming God has named us to clean up this epidemic of confusion and death.

We haven't in many cases. We have added to the turmoil and if we could see His truth may have created, in some instances, those who are twice the sons of hell.

A lofty percentage appears to be faithful in attendance and/or intensely laborious in congregational ministry who are neither lovers of the Word nor of God. This shallowness perpetuates division. Its base is comfort as well and preference; not what the Bible says.

The good news is there is a way out. We must revert to becoming as children. The need for humility is great. Dependence upon Father is always the path. Reliance upon His provision and productivity always trumps our combined and meager efforts.

The church today is in the same need that the church of the first century had; God. We desperately need Him to reach us, save us, and live among us. Otherwise, we are grown-ups contributing to infertile languish of the church on every street corner.

To run wide-opened as a child will find us willing to say things like:


  1. I was wrong.



  2. I can't fix it.



  3. I need God to take care of this.



  4. I believe God will provide.



  5. I cannot breathe unless He provides the breath.



  6. I must love the Lord and His people above all else.



  7. In so many things I have been wrong.



  8. Father, hold me. I don't know how to do yet another day.

We have become an answer people. We are learning to be a praise and worship kind. The former, unfortunately crusted the many hearts. The latter melts the heart.


The heart of a child....open and melted and ready for God's entrance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What to say?
Terry, day after day you and I share my coffee and you have become one of my dearest friends even though I have never met you.

Thank you for daily life giving transfusions of love and better heart understanding of who our God, Jesus and Holy Spirit are.

You sent me the book (Kisses From Katie) about Katie in Uganda for which I say a big thanks. My whole family have now read it...I would urge any of your readers to also get it....find out what and where your Uganda is. It is life-changing as is your wonderful daily blog.

Your yet to meet friend,
David

Anonymous said...

This is so true. I have seen it in so many churches, and it is sad. God wants humble people yearning for Him, not bent on making a name for themselves. Thanks for sharing!