Friday, January 20, 2012

CARDINAL BASEBALL CAMP NEXT WEEK

The eyes grow dimmer and the tendons tighten; but the excitement for baseball camp escalates!

As Whitey Herzog said three years ago in front of the entire morning meeting, Everybody knows Terry is the last guy picked for a team..... Uh, thank you Whitey for informing me in front of the other 99 guys and 20 former players.

Not-to-fret....while I would have thought the two blind men would go after me...I pretty much knew I was near the end of the selection list. At 64, I am always excited that I'm on some team...even if they were forced to take me.

It becomes more of a challenge for the coaches to figure where to hide me. I'm just not very hideable! There is sort of a rule in baseball: no matter how hard a coach tries to hide a guy, the ball will surely find him.

Each year is tougher on the body and, yet, easier to connect with more and more of the guys in the spirit. I love watching God work in a most unlikely place. From security guards, to umpires, medical personnel and trainers, to present day players in camp early, to the eight teams of cronies, we have surely carved an inroad to many hearts.

I still attend for the reason I stated when headed to the very first camp. I believe God will work. He has and He does and He will. Some of His moves are sweet, others are outlandish, and then others are in process.

I don't look forward to the aches and pains; but I really get enthused over watching for God's surprises.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excited for you! Excited to hear the stories!

May God work mightily through you and give you many doors of opportunity!

May you be in tune to His Spirit's leading!

Have fun!