Monday, December 26, 2011

SHE DIDN'T KNOW

Mary and I are in Atlanta. Wendy's live here. Dusty's live here. Tim's are in from Guadalajara. I've overdosed on grand kids mugging me with requests to be tickled and given zerbert kisses where Crappaw starts to kiss their cheeks only to blow loud LOUD noises onto their faces.

Atlanta is the place where two years ago I came to officiate my cousin's funeral. She died at 61 of cancer. She left behind a sweet husband, son, and daughter.

The daughter, Cara, has chosen to stay in touch. She is my cousin Jr. I love her, though I rarely ever saw her. Yet, we connected in heart at her momma's funeral.

Since that occasion, Cara has been drawn to God. He was not in her home in her first 30 years. But year 31? Well, that's a terrific story.

Cara has been found by God. She speaks wide-eyed of being found by God. She meets in small groups in churches led by Andy Stanley and Louie Gigglio....and is crazy about it!

As we visited at a gathering on Christmas night I could not help but absorb her fascination regarding the Christmas story of Jesus' birth. In her words with wide-eyed expression, I never knew that!

Oh, I know her feeling and those of you who were also converted later in life know the dynamic. You just can't take in what others have known for so long. And....the wow never leaves!

She didn't know! Imagine the others in your workforce or neighborhood...or even relatives...who would love the opportunity to GET TO KNOW!

No comments: