Wednesday, November 16, 2011

LEADING OTHERS TO KNOW JESUS

As we help others come to Christ, we will come to Christ in new ways ourselves.
Brian McLaren

One of the best ways I know of meeting and growing in Jesus is to try to explain him to others.

Haven't many of us spent our fair share of time teaching the five steps or the film strips or the Romans Road? Within each platform are eternal truths of life. Truthfully though, each has the inbred capacity to skirt the issue; that issue being Jesus himself.

He warned us against teaching the Word and knowing the Scriptures without ever coming to an understanding of him. This instruction from John jolted me at a point in my ministry that I never forgot it...nor did I ever have the inclination to go back to my previously pet standards.

Jesus makes church life an entirely new ball game. Helping others catch his drift impacts us in equally grand and glorious ways.

Tell others about your story of your interaction with Jesus.

No comments: