Monday, November 14, 2011

THE GREAT IRONY OF A GREAT LIFE

I live beyond my most imaginative life. Even I would wish I could be me...and I am! Before you wish you---as I did for too many years---wish you could have gotten to be someone else, allow me to share what I think life is truly about.

Jesus wasn't joking when he declared he could do nothing unless he saw Father do it. I thought he was; but not so.

A great life, I conclude, is a life of enormous irony. We are thrilled over the life we possess because we gave the first one away. The day came when I traded my old life in like an old jalopy for a streamlined Acura. I finally and favorably gave up on me. I tried; but I just could't do good enough.

And then Life moved in.

Oh, it wasn't when I was baptized. I realized very little at my new birth. Life began to pop for me when I ran out of self capacity to make things work. My failures are among my favorite and greatest successes. I am truly and unexaggeratedly one miserable flop.

And then there was God.

The more I remember my zero-ness, the more God translates my economy of impossibility to surprising possibility just like he did with little David and five smooth stones. Nothing plus God equals dead giants.

When this truth permeated my mind, depression did not arise as I once had assumed. To find we are worse than we thought in talent, skill, and effectiveness does not usually contribute to a cheerful demeanor.

And then there was God.

I have become a new man. New in my ability to relax and let God...really. I don't run anything. I don't control one person; not one. Everyone on our staff is sharper than me and my contribution to the team is to realize it. Relax. Let God do his thing.

The great irony of life for me was that while I kept reaching I forgot to look inside of this self wrapped in misgivings and supreme failure. Jesus is in here. I was reaching toward recognition and accomplishment. The Accomplisher was inside all during my struggles to become somebody.

I am somebody. I am a great liver. Jesus is parked in here

Wanna have a really good day. Look inside of yourself. Don't look at self-evaluation. Rather look to see if Jesus isn't in there ready to make you yet another one of the most amazing creatures of His handiwork. It goes on, you know.

I live...yet not I, but Christ live in me....really.

No comments: