Friday, November 04, 2011

A GOOD FRIEND PASSES


I was saddened to learn this morning that Bob Forsch passed away last night at age 61.

He was the third winningest pitcher in St. Louis Cardinal history.

I have been with him at the Legends Camps for the past ten years. We built a strong friendship.

Once I encouraged Bob to be at chapel as I would be speaking and I needed his support. He didn't usually attend. He was there.

This picture is unique in that the "big boys" don't ask the "rookies" for autographs. Yet, Bob sought mine as we were about the clear out of the clubhouse and onto the field.

I thoroughly enjoyed being around this Cardinal legend. He was good to me. When my latest book (MVP) was ready for print, Bob was the first of five former stars to endorse it.

I will miss this man....but I won't forget him. And what I will remember best is that while he was a big deal in the baseball realm, he was really a decent man of humility.

1 comment:

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

My deepest sympathy to you and the entire Cardinal Nation!