Monday, November 21, 2011

GOD STILL LIVES!

I was out of town the past weekend checking on my ailing mom as well as speaking a couple of places in my hometown area.

Sunday morning I preached for a little Disciples of Christ congregation in Gorin, MO. They have a young preacher there that is delightful. The quaint little church was packed front to back, side to side. Guests were from at least six other towns. My first visit was, indeed, one that touched my heart.

And then Sunday evening I preached for an area-wide Thanksgiving service in my hometown of Memphis. Attendance was strong. Spirits soared. It was simply a sweet time of reunion.

The longer I get to preach the more I see I have made the things of God far too difficult. I don't mean to imply that His path is without pain for we do each have a cross, understand. Yet, the more I relinquish control of how I think God would/should/could operate, the more He seems to respond to our trust.

I am encouraged by the reports I am continually fed by believers that God is active among us. Shame on us for ever convincing another that the works of God were over. He still lives!

1 comment:

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

Praying for your mother and am thankful you are usable and available to and for God!