Friday, October 28, 2011

WHAT WOULD YOU GUESS THE TOPIC IS?





Our camps were playing a game in Busch Stadium after a Cardinal/Astros game. Having been to so many camps, I had the honor of playing one inning with the Legends.






I was the catcher. Bob Gibson was the pitcher. This photo is of Gibson and me once the inning was over.






What would be the discussion?






I asked Bob before the game if his wife, Wendy, would be at the game. We had become friends along the way and I wanted to greet her.






Bob told me she would be along before the afternoon was over.






As he was facing a batter he yelled in, Hey Terry, Wendy just came in behind you. We were in the middle of the game. I'm trying to avoid making important mistakes. My focus is on catching what he's throwing.






Again he motions and calls out with a batter in the middle of a count, T-e-r-r-y! Wendy just came in behind you. Seemed weird to me. I'm trying to catch baseballs at the moment.






As soon as there were three outs I walked toward Gibson (the picture you see) and questioned, Bob, why did you keep yelling at me about Wendy when we are in the middle of an inning? Because Preach, he scowled, if you would have turned around to see her, I was going to hit you in the back!






Whew! Glad I didn't. But I never did see Wendy during that game.

No comments: