Wednesday, October 19, 2011

ECONOMY WISE? CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR ERA.

I want to say that I am about to address the greatest blind-spot in the church. But will not say it for I am sure God can see so many things to which I am yet completely blind. However, I do discuss a significant matter.

Giving.

Giving is what some believers and non-believers alike have come to regard as that six-letter church word. To the extent of it immediate social rejection, it should surely be given a double-take as to its absolute and profound God-muscle power.

Giving is the back-breaker to doubt. No doubter gives to God. The more we surrender our keeping power the more our spirits open to receiving power. And...receive we do!

The issue is the flat out dependence upon God. Nothing more...or less. Will God provide? Will He be there?

Giving works from a tree limb and a saw. The more we open our purses in abandon the more we receive in multiple-fold. God never returns dollar for dollar. He breaks the calculator!

I have learned to give over the years. My retirement account is not dependent upon headquarters in Ohio. It is kept in a vault in heaven.

I really don't know how my next 20 years go as far as income and provision. That is yet to be seen for I am confident in His supply. But I do know how my first 10,000 years go in heaven for I have been contributing to my ERA (Eternal Retirement Account) for about 40 years now.

Money matters. Giving it away is the call from above. Let's do it....better than ever before.

No comments: