Wednesday, September 14, 2011

HOW TO GET TO DO THE BIG STUFF

Big is important to the dreamer. I'm a dreamer. From the days of my childhood, I imagined doing something big.

Frustration ensued.

I wasn't big, didn't know anybody big, and couldn't do big.

Nothing changed...except one.

I met Jesus.

Jesus....when he began to get his way....took me from small to smaller. He took me from project to seed. He convinced me to operate in the Glorious Kingdom by planting seeds. He assured me he would do the big. I did and he has.

I learned to sow seed. If you want to know the main thing that I know to do, it is to sow seed. I plant and water, plant and water, plant and water. Never have I nor do I cause the big; not one time.

I sow seed in prayer. I sow in thoughtful notes and phone calls and warm greetings when I am among people. I sow seed with enormous confidence that if God wants the big...it is up to Him; not me.

You....get to do the big stuff when you are willing to become smaller. I became well-known in our brotherhood through the smaller; intense criticism of my stance on the Holy Spirit.

I saw big stuff develop in reaching Jackie Gleason on his death-bed because I did the small thing; wrote him. I stood in Busch Stadium where 40,000 fans held my newest book--that was big--when all I did was asked Memorial Drive to pray a year earlier that we could get a book into that event. I saw my neighbor man be baptized when all I did was ask him if he could help me change out a battery in the car.

God is how we get to the big stuff. Ours is never big; not ever. God is the stirrer. He alone is the initiator. We are called as small to get smaller. The seed-sort that we are infects the work of the church with awe-glory because nobody so small could pull off what we get to. It has to be Father!

If you are down because you don't see the big stuff happening in your life, maybe you have been refusing the seedling assignment.

And...isn't this a good post? When I sat to write this I had zero idea of what to say. And then there was God and He helped me just now make someones' day....I AM SURE.

Thank you God for insisting that if we will do the seed-stuff, you will let us see more of the big stuff.

5 comments:

Sherry Holmes said...

Wonderful post, Terry. I'm always encouraged and/or challenged by your thoughts and posts. Keep them coming! Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Mike Anderson said...

Thanks for the reminder! I appreciate the encouragement!

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

Do you hear it, Terry? Listen...

W...O...W! Dynamic! Sensational!

God has made your zero idea into one of the "all-time" BEST post for me!

Christi Bloomer said...

Beautiful post today, Terry! Love your heart!

SnapTrader said...

Thanks so much for this Terry! You DID make my day.