Tuesday, August 09, 2011

FROM FIRST GRADE READER TO THE BIBLE

Faith is not a step. It is the foyer to all of the kingdom rooms. Enter into faith and a new system opens before your very..... your very what? Before your very heart eyes...Eph. 1:18.

Why heart eyes and not the flesh ones?

This topic was born in the Garden. Sin happened and what was it of Adam and Eve that was opened? Their eyes. From such a negative moment, God has pleaded that we not fall for the deceit of what those carnal eyes see.

Why?

When carnal eyes evaluate (from the opposite system of faith), they are connected directly to human reason. Our bodies respond accordingly. What, therefore, is expected when carnal eyes take the back seat and the heart eyes lead?

Eyes of the heart see God in potential, possibility, and provision. Flesh eyes didn't see any of the three coming in the wilderness; except for Joshua and Caleb's heart eyes. Their faith led to the reality of God's promise. All others folded in the center of potential. Carnal eyes lack the vision of God. Heart eyes are invisible goggles with the ability to see into the....invisibles.

We are to walk by faith and not by sight; so Paul exhorted. The difference in the two depends upon the set of eyes used. Carnal eyes, if permitted, will talk the heart and mind out of effort for kingdom use (think back to the wilderness failures). Yet, the heart eyes will believe what the carnal eyes refuse to confirm (Joshua and Caleb).

The dynamic of faith is it can see probability when the opposite prefers to retract and hide in fear. The first word I learned on my first day at first grade in the Dick and Jane book was Look!

The entire message of God's book is wonderfully the same; Look!

2 comments:

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

I desire "heart eyes!" Amazingly said and a usable post for me, today and tomorrow and the rest of my life.

I love the "invisible goggles" I have never heard such language, but am grateful to now know it. For today, it has become my meeting place to keep my "heart eyes" fixed spiritually!

Blessings to you, Terry Rush!

Brian

straitshooter said...

Terry just caught up on reading your post.I have also had the same transformation,I have a book that I started to throw out.It is a debate on the the bible class question.may the lord forgive us,for while we have defended the "faith" SATAN has run off the masses!I keep it to be a reminder to me, that to be a follower of Jesus,is unity in salvation of jesus and his blood.not uniformity a doctrine.