Friday, July 29, 2011

WHAT WE CHOOSE TO THINK ABOUT

God has such a gentle way of simplifying our walk. Rocket science isn't the requirement. Faith is.

But what kind of faith? Psyche up? Irresponsible? Denial?

Faith believes God and His activity when we can explain none of it. It is the assurance of things hoped for; the conviction of things not seen. Explanation doesn't belong. Mystery is welcomed.

Faith seems to center on what we choose to ponder. Where our minds go our feet follow. Faith's ABCs belongs to the mind. Concentration and evaluation are surely faith subjects.

Francis Schaeffer wrote, So this is where true spirituality in the Christian life rests: in the realm of my thought life. Verification is found in Philippians 4 where we are called to think on these things and the peace of God which passes understanding shall guard.

I've been moving this week in three-digit heat. It is exhausting. I am exhausted. Yet, I choose to think about how many prisoners cramped in sweaty confines would love to take a ride across town in my U-Haul truck in need of more air conditioner juice.

I am a blessed man.

No comments: