Friday, May 27, 2011

PEOPLE ARE SO IMPORTANT

In case you hadn't noticed, people are important to God.  He started us.  His Son came to rescue us.  His Spirit is here to work from us that we might bless....people.

I carry a burden and a guilt and a joy for people.....you in particular.
  • The burden is that I am convinced people don't know their own value.  From the homeless to the celebrity (and I have dealt with both a lot), there is a clear sense of self-disappointment.  I live to tell people in some way of their value.  Many have helped me through my own self-disappointment by believing in me when I felt to be a sure and lousy failure.
  • The guilt is I really, really, really love people.  Relationships snowball for so many deserve to know of their extreme value to my heart.  I live to spread this word.  However, calendar and health and family and increasing people-connections are causing me to notice I am slacking in the upkeep of most significant relationships.  This is a new zone for me and I don't like it.  All people are far too important to cause any to feel ignored.  Thus, sure guilt.
  • The joy is over-the-top awesome.  I know incredible people.  Some preach, some have small group clusters, others are business people up and down my streets.  I believe in people; not just who they are but who they will clearly become because of the large grace and huge mercy of God within them. I am proud of people.
People are so important.  The reason I feel called by God is that far too many in the church see Truth without a sense of the glory in their midst...people.  Thank you....each of you who choose to love me in the center of my burden, guilt, and joy.  You are most valuable.  You make a clear difference. 

Thank you.

1 comment:

Steven said...

Terry, thank you for setting the example in this area. You have impacted me and this has paid it forward to someone in Virginia last week when I was there for school. Your example of helping others when you are eating out, provided the courage for me to do the same. Thanks my friend. A bird does not sing because it has an answer, but it sings because it has a song within its heart. Sometimes it is best to marinate, bake and deliver a meal that can bring about buildings of relationships that can safely house friendships from the structive negativity of this world.