Sunday, February 27, 2011

GOD GAVE US ANOTHER GREAT DAY!

I don't know what to say.  How can I get to be at one place so long and find the work still so super-charged?  My life in the kingdom is like those teens who come back from church camp really pumped.  That's my life!

Today was Baptism Sunday at Memorial Drive; that random Sunday we select once a year to target for those among us who are thinking about their need to be buried in Christ.  This is one of those efforts which is just too simple.  Why didn't we think of it a long time ago?

Instead of a week long Gospel Meeting, we announce to the congregation that we are having Baptism Sunday so many weeks away.  We offer classes for the candidates and God always give us increase.  There were eight in the study.  Four were baptized this morning.  Most likely---as it has worked out so far---others will follow upon the conviction of God.

Our assembly opened with the baptism of one of our younger kids.  Her daddy baptized her.  Everyone loves this family.  After the invitation song a lady who has visited for several months finally admitted Jesus is God's son and was buried.  She is ecstatic (and so are we)!  And then I baptized a mother/son.  Both stood in the baptistery with me as each witnessed the other's immersion while standing in the grave.

Yahoo!

Memorial is always fascinating to me.  Days like today make it even better.  I love how the whole church clearly understands this all came about because of the body life that goes on....and on....and on.  God gave us another great day!

No comments: