Saturday, January 29, 2011

I TRIED TO TELL THE UMPIRE....

....BUT HE WOULDN'T LISTEN.

I was batting in our morning game today.  The pitch hit me square in the head.  The sound was pretty loud to me...and I think to the fans.  I dropped onto my back.

I was looking up as the umpire was looking down.  I said, I am okay.  He told me to stay down.  I started to get up as I declared once again, Hey, I'm okay...really.  In umpire tone he told me in no uncertain terms to stay down.

Now this caused concern and quite a bit of stir.  They called for the trainers and both benches cleared to come to my aid.

There wasn't anything wrong with me.  But I thought to myself....All right.  If this umpire insists on making a bigger deal out of this than it is, I'll go along with him.  

When they finally helped me to my feet....I trotted off to third base! 

People laughed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your head is ok!!!!

Greg England said...

That is funny, even if it is at your expense!

Liz Moore said...

The mental picture of this whole scene just made me laugh out loud! So glad you are ok! And glad you are willing to share your "experience" with others! :-)