Friday, November 19, 2010

WINNING SOULS IS ON MY MIND...PT 2

To a post a couple of days ago, Vasca left the following comment:

Hey Terry...serve 'em cookies, brownies or something sweet. We had a city crew working on our street so one morning I made brownies and served all of them.


Just sowing seeds for their next encounter with Him.

Well.....I hadn't thought of that.  So I rush-ed (pun intended---one should not Tarry) out and bought breakfast rolls early yesterday morning.  I told the crew that I felt the work the day before appeared lacking (joking) and that these guys needed a boost.  They heartily agreed! 

Vasca's idea was magic.  For the remainder of the day they volleyed jokes to me or showed me autographs of OU players, etc.  The banter was kingdomly significant.

Thanks, Vasca, for suggesting such a simple way to their hearts that I had overlooked.  I'm on my way back this morning for more rolls to let these men know I am most appreciative of their work.  Down the road, should God want me personally involved in their lives, He/they will let me know. 

Plant the seed and throw the rolls!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Women have always known the way to a man's heart - feed them something good. It probably works on women too.

You do such a great job showing genuine interest in them is so like Jesus. j

Vasca said...

You know, that's what Jesus did so well...fed them something good and He continues.

Everyone (well, almost everyone) feels special when noticed...in China, I always went out of my way to pay attention to the sweepers, garbage people, etc. They are looked down on in their country. I was there 2-1/2 yrs teaching conversational English ~ I couldn't speak Chinese but a smile, a nod and a 'hello'...plus a touch did wonders. And the smiles they returned to me? Made me feel special, too.

That's a wonderful way to win souls...feed 'em love any way possible...HE works it.