Tuesday, November 09, 2010

BUILD YOUR OWN ECONOMY

We have a choice regarding life; whether it runs well or falls off the edge of the mountain.  It is up to us; not Congress, not employment, not health.  It is up to us. 

We are free to receive or reject God's blessings.  We choose.

But first, let me explain by economy I simply reference how we are getting along in life day by day.  Economy is more than finance; it is attitude, perception, and disposition.

We are in complete control.  The good news is we are never dependent on circumstances.  They neither ruin nor rule our day. 

The tool which determines whether our day shall be claimed as a good one or a bad one is simply the tongue.  What we speak is who we are.  Too, it is how our day goes; our life goes.  This is a God-kingdom rule.  Our speech is virtually the rudder to our life-path.  We cannot control most things.  Yet, we can control the one thing which determines our emotional economy....our tongues.

Everyone gets thumped pretty good.  That is both life and reality.  Some, though, function better than others.  The reason is their rudders.  Those who do well guard their speech. 

Should one continually rehearse everything that has and is going wrong, darkness will prevail.  Those who speak of blessings in the center of despair....never despair.

You are free to build your own economy regarding your home, your health, your life.  Aim your rudder for smooth sailing; even in the tempestuous waves.  Not only will everything one day be okay, you'll discover everything is okay....now.

Not that I speak from want; for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.  I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.  I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Phil. 4:11

1 comment:

Edward said...

Terry,
I spoke with you several weeks ago about the fact that I was dismissed after twenty years of faithful service to a church. It was done in a very public and humiliating manner with no reason ever being presented to either me or the church family. I have personally learned the lesson presented in your post to an extent that I never would have thought possible for myself. When I wanted to curse my brethren, I found myself asking my family to pray for them. When they accosted me and even filed a lawsuit against me (which was frivolous and dismissed) I told them I had already forgiven them. Saying the words, even though my heart was struggling to keep up kept me in control of my sanity and preserved my faith. I thank you so much for this post and for all the other things I have learned from you over the past thirty years. We've never met in the flesh, but I hope to change that in March! Again, thank you for letting the world in on this tidbit of Spirit Power!