Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A TALK WITH LYNN ANDERSON

I had a nice visit with Lynn today. He is battling cancer big-time. I would imagine a great number of friends keep snail-mail, email, facebook, and phone lines hopping.

He is such a joy. While having been very ill for the past few weeks, it isn't so bad at the moment.

He told me he would like for me to pray for two things:
1. His ability to speak at Pepperdine in May.
2. And, his ability to face what may be coming at him health-wise.

I pondered those two questions. Upon further discussion I told him I would only be able to pray for the second; not the first. He wanted to know why not the first. Because, I said, you and I are speaking at the same time. We both laughed. Then he told me in that case he might pray that I get sick!

Lynn is a good man; a great friend to many. I shared with him he would either get well or he would die and be well. He laughed at the truth of such a comment.

When you think of it, remember Carolyn and him.

No comments: