Monday, March 01, 2010

EXCITED ABOUT THE CAUSE OF CHRIST...BUT

I was born into ministry with self-imposed conditions. I intended to preach intensely, but I didn't want to get my hands dirty. I believed God's message but to my surprise to myself I was a great respecter of persons. I choose my inner circle carefully. To no surprise they liked me and liked how I did church.

There was a kind I didn't care for. I wasn't rude to them. I simply had easy ways out to avoid them. They never knew it as far as I knew. While I thought I loved people I was a religious snob.

I thought I could do without the poor. I thought I could do without the unfriendly. I thought I could do without the critics. I thought I could do without the organized. On my list went....without being aware I even had such a concept.

My biggest mistake was I assumed them to be of no use to me or the rest of the church. I think God mentioned that in one of His letters to me; how He figures I will esteem some as significant and others as not so much. I now know He tried to lead me to realize even the least were a secret part of His intrinsic design.

I've broadened my base of acceptance assuming I will always have light years to grow. It is a marvelous thing, though, to note how much wonder God has buried within every person I know. He uses every one and every thing....including the crumbs like me.

No comments: