Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WANNA GET AWAY?

You know what is good for a congregation? A road trip. I think the time on the bus or in the van to and from any event is as valuable to a church as the event itself. So I toss out two trips to Tulsa to help you get happy....er!

Liz Pence will be conducting a Mind Makeover Saturday, March 6, at Memorial for men and women. Liz is brilliantly effective as earlier in her life it became imperative for her to transform her mind from darkness to His light. She was an ultra-devout, mean-spirited atheist...as well as suicidal at one point. God broke in. Today this servant knows how to help all of us maneuver through dark times by adjusting our thinking mechanics.

The Tulsa Workshop is March 24-27. "Our Journey" offer challenges to effective service as well as inspiration to reaching more of the world's populace. Jason Thornton and Shane Coffman are the directors and they have put together a dynamic program.

Think about it. Why not bring a busload. Of course if you live in Germany or Japan, you may think about it a little longer. But I did get an email this week from two in Australia saying they will be on their way!

Groups traveling together are a great way to build up the connection factors for a harmonious work. Think about it.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Terry this will be my 17th Workshop in a row:) I am very excited about the theme:) I couldn't agree more:) When I attended my first Workshop as a 16 year old with my youth group:) I could not understand why our minister forbid us to bring a walk man or disc man on the 11 hour van ride but some where crossing the state of Mo. I figured it out we were talking with one another and singing songs and having a great time:) on the way back we listened to our newly purchased Accapella & AVB CD's. Believe it or not we even listened to a sermon tape or two:) When i began to come with friends I now come with we developed some tradition of our own such as counting the number of hawks we see on the way from IL. to Tulsa and we too have been known to listen to newly purchased cd's on the way home:)
Workshop and the traveling involved is the highlight of my year:)

Love ya Terry
See ya in March,

Missy Curtis:)

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

The Aiken Church will be bringing a load of 15 from South Carolina. Everyone is pumped for the 900+ mile trip. It will be in the van that relationships will be strengthen or started or renewed! Only if everyone is wearing DEO!! ha!!!!

Tell Shane and Jason thank you for putting together this workshop for us! See you in 55 days.

Also, pray for me and one of my servant leaders who will be going to Torreon Mexico on 19 February through 1 March to strengthen the church there. Last year, we were held up at gun-point by the drug cartel for over an hour. God is always faithful