Monday, November 02, 2009

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY

Can you tell me what is significant about November 3, 2006? That's when I put my first words onto my blog. I had accidentally established a blog the day before when I merely believed I was commenting on Tim's. Somehow I had set up my own blog and there were 200 hits in that one day....yet, no words. I didn't know anyone was looking in. I didn't realize what I had done.

So, on that date I began to put words to the page. There have been over 248,000 hits since. Of course, one needs to know nearly 247,000+ of those are mine checking to see if anyone looked in!

Therefore I take you back three years to ponder my very first blog. It was nearly the same sentiment as my first day in first grade. Take a look at the words from a "green novice".

And...thanks for faithfully checking in from time to time.

Happy Blogiversary to me!

WHAT'S THE VALUE OF BLOGGING (11/3/06)

As I see it, the blogsites are defeating privacy fences. We are becoming neighbors once again. Blogs allow our visits to be brief while our days remain free to get so much done. There is value in gaining connectedness in a world which seems so crowded, yet leaves some feeling so lonely. I am all for seeing that all feel absolutely connected to someone. I'm not sure how often I can or will pay attention to this site. I am a very green novice. I know this....people are important. In future notes, I will join with many others to be another voice to cheer you on.

For now....enjoy your weekend!

Terry

4 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

Happy 3rd Blog-Birthday!

Brenda said...

This deserves a cake or something. I know! LUNCH! :o) Happy Birthday my friend!

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

Happy blog day to you, happy blog day to you, happy Blog day dear Terry, happy blog day to you...and many more!

Terry Laudett said...

Happy blogiversary!