Tuesday, November 03, 2009

DID YOU SEE JESUS ON THE BIGGEST LOSER?

The reality show The Biggest Loser hooked me when I didn't care to watch it. Too much sadness. But I can't help it, I have to see how well the contestants who remain are holding up.

Tonight Tracey lost. She's been an irritant to the other contestants along the way. Finally, she found she was the one voted off by her teammates. Tough times for her to be eliminated.

To wrap up her time on the show, various clips showing her workouts and interviews passed by. There was one scene where Jesus showed up. Did you catch it? It was when she flew back home to be greeted by family and a crowd of fans.

Did you notice her children's shirts? All of them wore purple tees that said "Jesus" on the front while the back quoted, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

One of my constant prayers is that Jesus would show up in the national/world media. Tonight...he did it again!

3 comments:

Jim said...

Loved that also! What is it about that show?? I am not a "TV" guy but I am glued every Tuesday night. Terry, do you have an answer?

Terry Rush said...

Jim,

I might have an idea. The first time I watched it...first show this year...I had decided I would never watch it again. It put people already down....down.

But I keep going back because the show looks like God. Poor people (healthwise) are becoming new.

I am hooked on seeing failures become successes....old ruts become new pathways.

That's just my idea...but explains why I keep returning.

Hope is always a good thing for any society.

Jim said...

That is what I have been thinking also. I Love to see Transformation and People seeing themselves in a completely different way. It is a God thing! The thought about how you were uncomfortable the first time you watched is interesting. The first time I also was embarrassed for the people. Just the way they looked and how they took their shirts off and showed how they looked. Very... awkward. Now when I watch I dont give it a thought. Maybe I see people who are valuable in the eyes of God not just "fat" people!
Thanks for the blog and have a Great One!