Wednesday, September 09, 2009

BOOKS WHICH MAKE A WONDERFUL DIFFERENCE

I've mentioned three books recently which are supportive to any who wish to express the practical life of Christ on earth:
  • Things Unseen by Leonard Allen
  • Same Kind of Different As Me by Hall and Moore
  • The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns

Now, I pass along a fourth recommendation: God Work by Randy Harris.

God Work will become a "how to sort through the religious maze" for every serious Bible student. Of course, Randy is such cornbread irony. He masks his brilliance by his aw-shuckness which all who know him love about him.

God Work includes good humor; but its message is sobering....and, indeed, helpful. It is a breath of fresh air for the young and the old as we wrestle with the honorable truth of God. I think the magic of Randy lies within his appropriate high regard for God combined with his acute awareness of man's ridiculosicity.

Sometimes we come over the hilltop to an ah-ha moment which pleases our eyes as well as our hearts. That's how I feel about God Work. I think you will, too.

2 comments:

Vasca said...

Terry...Michael and I got the book just when it was released. We read it together and loved it. We'll read it many times.

Nellie said...

Wonderful, wonderful book! Terry, you have given me a new word today - ridiculosicity - love it!!