Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I OWE GOD

I'm learning more to watch for God. Jesus said he couldn't do anything unless he saw the father do it. I'm still learning a great deal about that approach. While I study every day, I'm learning to see God show up in matters to preach.

Last week Connie Reed forwarded me the "Starry, Starry Night" song and God showed me instant things about the church and about the hurting world.

I think you will like the links below. Every one of us needs to know Van Goghs are all over the place. Some how, some way, they must hear the voice of Jesus addressing them that each is a remarkable, valuable individual.May this sermon inspire you to see the world of colleagues and neighbors with an entirely new set of eyes...Eph. 1:18.

My sermon ("Reverence to God... And One Another") from Sunday, 08/23 has been posted to our web site: http://www.workshopmultimedia.com/index.php?subpage=memdrive [Note: New link!]. We posted both 32kbps (5.2MB) and 128kbps (20.7MB) bit rate versions. The Scripture references from Terry's lesson this week are: Luke 18:9-14 Matthew 5:21-22 Matthew 5:43-47 1 John 4:19-21And here is a link to the lyrics to the Don McLean song Starry, Starry Night (a.k.a. Vincent) about Vincent Van Gogh: http://lyricwiki.org/Don_McLean:Vincent_%28Starry,_Starry_Night%29.

No comments: