Wednesday, April 29, 2009

JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT

I love Yogi Berra-isms. He's a natural at it. Irony flows from his unassuming lips. Ironically, he makes sense sorta.

I remember a teacher once asking me, "Don't you know anything?" and I said I don't even suspect anything.

When you see a fork in the road, take it.

When asked at the beginning of Spring Training what size cap he wore: I don't know. I'm not in shape yet.

When honored before the game at Sportman's Park in 1947 he was so nervous he said, I thank everyone for making this night necessary.

Public Speaking is one of the best things I hate.

Carm's been a great wife and we have a great time together, even when we're not.

I always get up at 6:00 a.m. no matter what time it is.

I have little patience with people who are late. I'm always early for everywhere I have to be.

When moved from catcher to left field, the shadows would begin to creep over the edge of Yankee Stadium. It gets late early out here.

I guess I've always been serious about money. Maybe because it was hard to get, and it's never worth what it once was.

I turn out the light in a room right after I leave.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd do it all again.

No comments: