Tuesday, April 07, 2009

JESUS AND HIS UNIQUE APPROACH

I have been watching CNN then FOX and back to CNN and back to FOX. Amazing. Which world portrayed is the real one? They surely don't match on much.

One of the things which seems obvious is sharp-tongued media members give us a hint their position may not be without warped bias....on either channel. There is much to be learned by this.

I find in myself this trait I have never liked. I am what I don't like about them. I know it. Truth never has a good shot against error when conveyed with condescension. Never. It is one thing to be brave; courage is surely needed in the work we do. But it is quite another to belittle another in any setting. Bullying is not courageous but cowardly.

This is why I admire Jesus so. While he stood for Truth, he dearly loved---be it friend or foe---every person with whom he addressed. Yes, he leveled the playing field on occasion with some of the more notorious church leaders. Yet we must keep in mind he died on the cross for each of them as he did for the shameful woman or the belligerent man. He loved people.

I want to learn to be more like him. I must become more like him. This is not easy. I lived in world of stinging words and was introduced to a church which possessed some who could match what I knew as a kid. Such is easy for me to slip into. I resent them used toward me and pick up on them the second such darts come my way. But all of this is purely wrong.

Jesus, among many strong traits, was a perfect communicator. He used words to save...not to win positions and arugments.

1 comment:

Jim said...

"Truth never has a good shot against error when conveyed with condescension." I have been thinking about that all morning. That is exactly the beauty of Jesus. I grow tired of condescension. It wears me out. I am with you... God, teach me, grow me , zap me to become a truth lover with a loving spirit!