Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'M STILL ABLE TO BE WOWED

Aging in the church is a blessed process. I am more easily wowed than in my earlier years. Two things have brought about such improvement:
  1. My confidence in God
  2. My confidence in people

God actually does the many things we talk about Him doing. I've learned to wait. He'll be there in His time...but He will show up. On top of that, He does have a pretty good knack at effective leadership. He knows how to get stuff done.

And people....my if I had known in my earlier years the talent (God's skillful talent) which resides in everyday people. It's spectacular. Yes, we find each of us glitched on occasion. We tend to fray and even break here and there. But God keeps the body moving quite well showing us Jesus is the head of the church and not one specific member, or one specific family, or (dare I say it) one specific preacher.

God works in people. People are fueled by God. The more I stay out of the way, the more wonder He seems to display. Each of us is tremendously blessed....by God...and by amazing people.

1 comment:

Stoogelover said...

Somewhere along the way we figured out church works better if we substitute programs and activity for God's Spirit. Bad choice.