Monday, March 23, 2009

FEELING PRESSED WHEN ALREADY SPREAD THIN?

Terry,

------Thank--you------

I had thought I lost my soul because I have become weary doing good works.....It was not good works but the "man thing" of pleasing everyone.

Now I can go on-----
(Signed by a visitor yesterday)

Notes like these please me and sadden me all in the same reading. So many of you are bone- weary as you run from phone call to email to hospital to many other assisting ministries all in the name of the love of God. Add to your noble effort, then, those who manipulate through guilt to get your attention. I'll continue to say.....walk away. Such isn't just biblical. It is Jesus-like.

For the lazy and the loafers of the church? Well, first they most likely aren't reading this. Second, it most likely isn't you. Learn to pace yourself in the Spirit. It still is not up to man who runs or up to man who wills....but up to God who has mercy. Sacrificial service? Continue. Living under the guilt of the self-absorbed? Be free to let your yes be yes and your no be no.

Usually your spirit senses what your lips should say.


No comments: