I haven't liked moments of skirmishes and battles in my work. But I can say I really needed them. While I haven't become calloused or insensitive, scuffles and strains are fundamental in constructing disciples. They were significant for Jesus' growth: although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things He suffered....Hebrews 5:8.
Some of the things I've learned (which don't make me look so good, but here are a few):
- Some I thought didn't like me came from my insecure imagination.
- Some of the most important people in my circle are those who don't think at all like me.
- When entering a full-blown crisis, God shows you a strength you possess that you had never needed until then and you are amazed at how sharply you can operate.
- It is a glorious time to be at the end of your rope with no more answers; no more plans.
- If one will wait for Him, we will encounter great surprises; we must not give up too soon.
- 90% of the time things aren't as bad as I assumed.
- Many more things will work out if I wait in prayer instead of reacting in ambition.
- God doesn't waste one crumb of our life; even what we don't want fits His success recipe.
- If we run from the hard times we will remain little thinkers; toddlers in faith.