Friday, February 06, 2009

SOMETHING AMAZING IS GOING ON

Something phenomenal is happening. I know what it is.....really. God's kingdom is activated and we are in it. I am hearing through the tech grapevine of riches taking place among us which are so abundant in report only God could be the author.

Three times in one day this week (Tuesday) people told me of exciting growth in their works. Each not knowing the conversation of the other (and each lived miles/states apart), their words rang with similarity when I asked what was causing such marvel; We've learned to get out of the way.

Today I was blessed by an email informing me of a gift coming in my direction which I sorely needed. I meet with fifteen preachers at random in my office in the early morning of the first day of the workshop in March. I spend an hour and a half listening/speaking to these good soldiers. Each year I always have a stack of books as encouragement to hand them.

But this year, funds are more careful and I had only one book to hand them until........until the email today stating of one's appreciation for being in that group year's back and he would be sending fifteen copies to give to this year's class. I marvel.

Later today I received a call from a colleague who is obsessed with reaching the Spanish community. He is more than ambitious and a visionary. He has the financial backing, the staff aligned, and the plans to establish Spanish speaking congregations throughout the Southwest. While I can't go into detail, this man actually has a plan in proportionate scale to the influx of the Spanish population. It is more than a dream; it is happening.

The magnetism of God seems stronger than I ever recall in my brief time in ministry. Why is that? I believe the patient and faithful teachings of friends like Albert Lemmons, Keith Roberts, Luther Gower, Randy Harris, and others have become actualized in our faith practice. I believe masses are praying more than ever. I am not implying no one prayed until my generation for I know better. I am saying I believe interest in prayer has even increased.

Why are so many amazing things going on? I think believers are praying for starters. Too, I think we believe God is active among us....and that's for another discussion down the road. Join in the fun; the kingdom of God is near.

No comments: