Wednesday, January 28, 2009

WHO CAN DO THE JOB?

I've been thinking about you all today; wondering how your work is going and if you are feeling up to the task. I once thought the big boys knew stuff I didn't. But being around the brotherhood for a few years I have concluded there are no big boys. Even those we regard with envy are mere men and women in shells facing work they know they can't possibly complete. Kingdom life is too big for any solo heart.

Faith in the Holy Spirit working among us is what every successful servant has going. It is never due to personal cleverness or good breaks. We each are gifted to the extent others could be envious of something about us. But everyone I know is more ungifted in many things than they are gifted in a meager few.

What we do is watch for God to break into our day, our path, and do that stuff which causes others to shake their heads in wonder while we praise Him for His wonder.

When I moved to Memorial it had a few strong traits and more weak traits. There new preacher wished he wasn't as them.....but he was every bit equal. I marvel at how God would dare allow me to get to do what I do because I am one of the dumbest guys you'll ever meet. This fact caused me to hide in fear even while standing in public noticabilities.

For Memorial and their cowardly timid preacher, God broke in. Be of good cheer. He is willing to do it for you. Should you have an elder in you sight or a member in mind who needs to change, let me encourage you they are no weaker than yourself. The good news is God uses weak people; there are no other classifications in the kingdom. The sooner we each grasp this fact the sooner we can get our wings to fly in great force to do big work.

The work that gets done is God's; never mine. If He doesn't do it....it simply doesn't happen. This allows us room for ourselves and for others. We all fit. Yes, we deem some as unnecessary and God upsets our applecart wisdom by declaring they are even more important!

Who can do the job? The Holy Spirit can......in you. Afraid? Ah, I still find my knees knocking. But be encouraged.....so did Paul.....I came to you in weakness and fear with much trembling...I Cor. 2:3. Now wasn't Paul one of the bigger boys?

No comments: