Sunday, December 14, 2008

BOOKS THAT BUILD FAITH

Perhaps you need a good book recommended for a Christmas gift. I list my favorite five and if #s six and seven jump out….so be it.

1. The Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri Nouwen
2. The Wounded Healer by Henri Nouwen
3. Wild At Heart by John Eldredge
4. The Anointing by R. T. Kendall
5. The Barbarian Way by Erwin McManus
6. The Emotionally Healthy Church by Peter Scazzero
7. The Empowered Leader by Calvin Miller
8. The Rabbi’s Heartbeat by Brennan Manning
9. Waking the Dead by John Eldredge

Okay, so there were nine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda partial to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John :)

Stoogelover said...

I could add a couple of titles by that Rush guy somewhere in Oklahoma.

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing - there are a couple of those I hadn't heard of yet

Monk-in-Training said...

It is hard for me to read "Wounded Healer" by Father Nouwen without tears. The man is an amazing conduit of God's Spirit.

Anonymous said...

No Ragamuffin Gospel?

Right now I'm reading a compilation of puritan prayers called The Valley of Vision. Now those are some prayers that challenge my soul...and feed it.