Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A REMARKABLE MOVE

God has done it again! I don't know if it's through our elders or through our disposition or exactly what it is, but Memorial is again making a most unusual move of faith. Frankly, I am most excited.

Seven years ago our working arrangement with Craig Hicks as our youth minister came to an abrupt end. He was removed from the staff. Pain was everywhere. It hurt our elders and staff as much as it did him. The teens and their parents suffered acute injury as well.

I need to share only briefly that stressful backdrop to portray the amazing development taking place. Effective next Monday morning Craig is being re-added as a member of our staff as a ministerial intern. He wants to spend twelve months working with us that he can go out into the ministry arena with new confidence as he shores up his management ability.

He will be working with our college group as well as handling visitor and hospital contacts. While his role is significant, the heart of the matter is even more so. I look forward to seeing what Craig and I can do as a new team. The rest of the staff is enthusiastically supportive as we believe in him.

All who know this man is fully aware of his extraordinary gifts as a speaker. While he has been gone I have encountered new ideas regarding management, direction, and possibility. We are always in kindergarten learning the multi-facets of leadership. I really look forward to working with Craig. I hope over the next twelve months of his internship I can serve him well by supplying, guiding, and instilling new leadership confidence into a most valuable friend.

"A Place to Start Life Over" is not Memorial's slogan....it is our heart. I feel most privileged to be a part of a place that practices such renewal and regeneration. Only God could give us such a Spirit. Craig Hicks is back on staff. He has my admiration in that while encountering abundant heartbreak, the man did not run away. Craig is an endurer. Therefore, he is a victor.

Congratulations to all of us for believing God can supply abundant grace for such a special time as this! WELCOME BACK, CRAIG!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it is a glorious relationship with God's blessing flowing in every direction. Love to all of you.

Vasca said...

HOW WONDERFUL IT IS THAT THIS IS A BEGINNING POINT FOR WHAT SHOULD BE A STEP IN EXPONENTIAL MANAGERIAL GROWTH FOR MEMORIAL...A NEW PAGE. FATHER ALWAYS DOES THINGS RIGHT...RIGHT? 'COURSE HE DOES AND WHEN THE HEARTS ARE RECEPTIVE, THINGS GO ALONG AS HE WANTS THEM TO...ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY AWESOME TERRY

IT IS AMAZING WHAT GOD DOES WHEN WE WAIT ON HIM, BOTH FOR YOUR ELDERS, AND CRAIG, AND YOU AS WELL.

PSALMS 46:10 AND MANY OTHER VERSES SPEAK VOLUMES TO US ABOUT SUCH THINGS. ALSO EPHESIANS 5:15-17

READ AND MAKE GOOD USE OF YOUR TIME

SINCERELY, JIM COOKE - cookebullogs@aol.com - would love new friends - God Bless you all

Anonymous said...

I believe God is constantly talking to us in some form or fashion, but we aren't always listening to His Voice. We have all sorts of disruptions and we allow so much of the world to skew/disable/ and whatever word you want to put here. As a matter of fact if you read this LET US KNOW IF IT IS OK WITH TERRY WHAT WORD DESCRIBES YOUR BLOCK FROM GOD WHEN IT DOES HAPPEN - JIM COOKE'S THOUGHTS AGAIN

Anonymous said...

LET Terry's readers KNOW

IF IT IS OK WITH TERRY WHAT WORD DESCRIBES YOUR BLOCK FROM GOD WHEN IT DOES HAPPEN - JIM COOKE'S correction

Anonymous said...

Praise God! Grace for today and bright hope for tomorrow!

Donna G said...

That is a wonderful development. I can't wait to hear about the good things this move produces.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful arrangement for all of you. You are both deserving of each other. He is quite a gifted and talented person who has shown much perseverance.

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to Craig's work with our college group.I love our elder's hearts and your heart to listen to God and make this change. I am super excited!

~Katy

Jimmy Mitchell said...

I am overwhelmed to hear this! What a pure exhibition of grace and forgiveness! I have never heard of this happening before and am so glad to see it in our brotherhood. I've never gone through this kind of heartbreak, but now know that if I ever do, there are congregations out there that offer this love.

Anonymous said...

Terry
I join you and so many others in rejoicing. I have had such a deep appreciation of Craig since I first met him 19 years ago.