Monday, October 20, 2008

READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!!!!

Second Corinthians three speaks of people reading us. We are a letter read and known by those around us. I am the morning paper to those serving coffee and others at nearby tables. What are my headlines day by day?

Here's what I think my morning headlines say: WEAK MAN; MUST HAVE A STRONG GOD! I get to be in the greatest system in the world; the kingdom of God. Few meeting me for the first time would guess me to be a Senior Pastor of a church of 450+. They would believe me to sell cars or deliver crates to drugstores; but not lead a church. Why is that? I am impressively unimpressive. I know it and such (my weakness) is my strength....power really is perfected in weakness. I am unimpressive in an impressive sort of way! Aha!

Here's what I want you to get. Some of you are impressive and you need to use such perception for the glory of God. You look sharp and sound so. But others are as me. You don't stand out in demeanor nor stature. But your faith may be the very thing needed to boost your work force; even your church. Each person is impressive when in Christ (even if our unimpressiveness is used by Him to impress). Everyone is important and significant.

I write a lot of people both through email and snail. I want all to know they are needed. In case you don't know it, the average person in America does not have one good friend. Therefore, you and I are needed! One of the great things I find in the simple lifestyle of Jesus was he, too, valued his friends. We are no different.

Today some are reading your headlines as you are their morning paper. I would encourage you to put a little umph of joy and new level of assurance in your talk. Anybody can display the headlines of "UGHH" and "YUCK". But those filled to the fullness of God surely have something better for their communities to read! Through you may God deliver your town good news!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brother Terry Rush, I hope you actually will answer this on this blog, and give me your legitimate opinion on what I am going to share here: While I am writing this I am listening to your Sunday sermon again, that I put the scripture on the previous post, b/c I like things in front of my face.

Terry, if a man of God, is truly called by God and wants to speak to audiences of any number, when might a church allow him or HER to speak to a church audience?

Is there a sort of political correctness where a pulpit minister wants to protect his podium and not let a member share his story that could in effect change lives.

Let me know your answer. I know your post is for this reason that I am asking you, and if you ever want a guest speaker, give me a buzz. I will go wherever He leads.

God Bless, Jim Cooke
I hardly ever share this small of an amount of information