Saturday, October 25, 2008

A GOOD IDEA?

I received a call while at the office this morning. A stranger called inquiring if the church could do anything to provide her 13 year old grandson with work for community service....by Monday. He and others had gotten in trouble shoplifting. I listened carefully, took down name and number, and told her I did not have any ideas but if I did I would call back.

I sat at my computer and asked God to speak to me if He had any ideas as I didn't have. In moments He gave me a great idea. I called the lady back and gave her my proposal. She gladly accepted.

Tyler needs 12 hours of community service by Monday. Tomorrow at 9:00 he and his mother or grandmother are to be at Memorial Drive for juice/coffee and donuts. Tyler's first assignment is to attend Bible class and then the worship assembly. His first phase is to study the idea of church. Tomorrow night is our annual Fall Festival and Tyler will help the Scott's set up immediately after church. Too, he will work from about 4:00 to 9:00 tomorrow evening at one or more facets of the evening venues.

This will let Tyler serve us while we serve him. I truly expect God to work in this meeting. And, I do think God gave me a good idea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha - that is a good idea.

Unknown said...

Um....WOW!! Great idea!!! ;o)

Anonymous said...

We've done the same type of thing before and I always have to chuckle (thankfully and prayerfully). "Yeah, I got caught shop-lifting and my punishment was helping out at church." (A deacon in the making?1?)