Saturday, September 20, 2008

THE DIAMOND JESUS

Life is sad on many fronts; challenging on others. I watch people in restaurants and stores. So many are in poor health. Depression seems to be the make-up of the day for several. Every morning I drive by the office which assigns daily work details to the unemployed. What a long line. The wars and rumors of wars mixed with financial concerns can leave us in a state of oxymoronish "clear uncertainty".

Yesterday I visited a man five years my junior whose health affects his mental ability. We've known one another for years, yet he repeatedly interrupted our conversation with, "Now tell me again who you are?" On my way back to the office I saw a middle-aged man down on the sidewalk along the curb of a busy street as another tried to help him. I don't know if he was injured, ill, or drunk. I know my heart was sad at the scene and glad for the citizen assisting.

We must encourage one another to keep putting all of our eggs into the one basket called Jesus. As things grow more uncertain, he arises to greater certainty. The darker the background the brighter the diamond. I'm proud of the church that it continues to grow in letting its light shine rather than causing a glare. We are in this for God to get the glory. Jesus is the diamond. Let him shine!

No comments: