Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A PACKAGE JUST SHOWED UP

Today I received a package in the mail that is so touching. A stranger sent me his only copies of three journals he has tediously written. He sends them to me, a stranger. He sent them from Swaziland. I don’t know him, but I had sent him a few books awhile back simply to encourage.

I opened his package and in it are three slim journals stapled along the spine in what appears to be brown paper bag material. Each has printing on it. One is printed “Scribble Notes”. Another is “Exercise Book” and the third is “College Exercise Book”. All three have the Swaziland Government logo stamped. He has printed in ink across the top of each, “Once you finish send them back is only I have.”

His pages are filled with careful penmanship as to thoughts he has gained from scriptures. A lot of work has been put into this. He is asking me to proof his work and to get it published. While the writing is in simple journal style, the heart of this man is adorable.

As he requested, I will send his works back to him. However, I want to do more for him. At first glance I thought there was nothing I could do. Yet, I wonder. I wonder what you would do with such a request landing in your lap. While he is out of sight, he is not out of mind. This is an important young man who carries the Spirit of God within. He, too, lives in a land that needs encouragement from God's other family members.

What would you do?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

irahill@sbcglobal.net is currently in Swaziland. Ira and his wife go there yearly for weeks to months at a time. The last few years Ira and several other men and women have been working to get Africa Christian College accredited. Ira is a PhD and on the Board of Trustees of ACU. I'm not suggesting that he has time to do much, but he may be able to provide references that would be helpful to you. Grace and peace.

Anonymous said...

that is touching Terry:)

missy:)

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how to handle a request like that but at the very least I would try to transcribe or just the basics - scan his work into a simple Word document so it would not be "only I have."

My only other advice would be to Pray that what ever inspiration had him send his works to you would also inspire you to know what to do with it. I will start - Abba, Father, please open Terry's eyes to a path that he cannot see now so that he may know how to handle the precious request being made of him. Guide his actions in a way that brings honor to you through Terry and his friend in Swaziland. In Jesus Name, Amen

Anonymous said...

Please send me his postal address. Mine is Kurt Platt, P. O. Box 331 Manzini M200 Swaziland or
platts@realnet.co.sz

Anonymous said...

How amazing! What an honor. God continues to utilize you mightily in the Kingdom....