Saturday, July 05, 2008

AM I EVER RICH?

I tell people I am the richest man I ever met. I am! I am rich in people. I have so many that I love....soooo many.

Today Mary and I went to 31 year old Tim Mahaffey's funeral. The place was appropriately packed. Everyone who led in the Memorial excelled. It was a tough setting and all who participated added honor to God as well as to Tim. He was one lively man who really lived!

I walked away wowed at the people I got to see. I couldn't name them all, but I liked nearly every one of them (for those who don't know me, that was a funny). Tommie and Cindy Gary sat behind us and it was a long overdue time to get to visit. I miss them and getting to share just a few moments filled my heart. Allison Basinger and her husband were nearby. Allison is one of the greatest I ever met or will meet. John Paul Higgins is still smiling as is Connie Stites.

Danny and Marianne, Ron and Debbie, Ron and Linda (who I get to see all the time), and on and on and on the list goes. The people I get to know! It just amazes me at how special every one of them is! I know real winners!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Did I ever tell you about this man I met??? His name is Terry Rush! He's a real winner! Love you today!