Sunday, March 16, 2008

MR. STORYTELLER

I personally know a few effective speakers. If Marvin Phillips, Jeff Walling, and Randy Harris wouldn't fit in the top tier, maybe Chuck Swindoll, John Maxwell, and Philip Yancey would. So listen up when I say that Craig Hicks is the best public speaker I know.

Today he was at his best. Craig had an assignment from Shane Coffman to tell the story of Jesus' last days.....and he did. Craig is a pure communicator. God has given him a mind to envision history and bring it up to date with superb imagination. I could listen to him forever.

Shane's work framed Craig's. His intermittent songs shined upon Craig's words as floodlights. The morning was a display of two men's talents perfectly choreographed for the church to get to exclaim afterward, WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!

I was proud of Mr. Storyteller once again today. He and Shane didn't bring the house down....they took us up.....to the King's quarters.

9 comments:

Brenda said...

I have to say that I had chills through the whole thing! It was amazing! Both did a fabulous job of bringing us into the moment!!

TREY MORGAN said...

I've had the chance to hear Craig many times. I agree 100% ... he is an amazing communicator. Wish I could have been there.

Stoogelover said...

Was that recorded? Can we get a copy? Free?

Theresa said...

it was fantastic! An amazing experience.

Danna said...

It really was awesome!!! Craig can make the Word come alive like few I have ever heard!

Anonymous said...

And then MONDAY I am to speak at lunch time to the downtown Kiwanis about Easter. I'm not to preach, they said, but talk about Easter. Okie Dokie. That I can do. If you had such an opportunity, what would you say at this event? I hope you share in detail what you spoke about today! I hope it went well! Jim C.

Anonymous said...

Craig is not only one of my favorite speakers, he is one of my favorite people.

Anonymous said...

Terry,

Thanks so much for saying this. It means the world to me - and it kind of freaks me out too because I learned so much from you - for example, when you say "listen to me now!" I love when you say that and now I say it all the time too. When you say it you are normally in full flight - petal to the metal and flying down the freeway. I love it.
craig
p.s. thanks John Dobbs

Tammy said...

Adults and kidos alike were totally enthralled with the story...and with Craig. Don't we have a wonder-filled church?!?!