- I've learned a new meaning to the "There's not a thing on TV" comment.
- Mary has learned that a stool can flush without electricity. She's so excited!
- How I've longed for just enough TV to see a scrolling of school closings...that would satisfy.
- I don't like camping out. This week I've learned I don't like camping in.
- This morning I stepped out on the patio and thought, Wow, it's pretty nice out here. Then I realized it was the same temperature as in there.
- I so appreciated the four or five cars which simply passed by my property last night. Each time I heard one coming down the ice-crackling street, I leaped to watch them drive by as if they had been special company all evening long.
- I found myself wishing the phone worked. If only one fund-raising charity would have called me last night, I would have given lots of money...I feel fairly sure!
- Playing Solitaire by weak candlelight affords the conscience a little more room to cheat.
- I learned that when it's dark for hours and hours with no heat and no phone and no TV that it takes much longer for the clock to move from 8:10 to 8:20 than when all that other stuff is up and running.
The Ice Storm saga continues......