Saturday, November 03, 2007

TODAY IS MY FIRST BLOGIVERSARY

(I stole that term from one of Dusty's commentors yesterday. Just so you'll know I don't make up every made up word.)

One year ago today I unintentionally entered the world of Blogville. Merely commenting on Tim's post, I inadvertently set up my own blogspot and Wendy called to inform me I had done such. Too, she continued to say over 200 hits came in on the first day....but there were no words! Ah, words would be good.

C-A-R-D-I-N-A-L-M-U-S-E-U-M became one of the more fascinating works of God in my ministry. Every morning...at least five days a week...I address what I believe to be a class of young leaders ranging from late teens to somewhere below age 90. Readers get my first attention every morning after God and coffee. I've loved this segment of ministry. Once again God fooled me as I fought even getting email. Now look at me. I can email and blog without getting dizzy!

This blog expanded by transferring key posts on over to my hometown's weekly newspaper in Northeast Missouri. The article comes framed with the title, Tossing Life Your Way, and has me pictured standing in my Cardinal uniform. One publishing company is talking to me about creating a book of random posts over the year and titling it, Morning Rush.

Thank you readers for connecting. The counter says there have been over 74,000 hits in this first year. I would initially assume my mom is clicking on 200 times a day...but she doesn't have a computer. Thanks for being a part of an encouraging project.

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY TO US!

11 comments:

drjimwhite said...

Keep blogging, Terry, because your blog is one of the highlights of my day. JW

Matt said...

I have to say, your blog is one of the most insightful and practical ones out there. I can't wait to see what the future holds for it and what lives will be changed because of it. Thank you for doing such a good job.

Anonymous said...

Do I win something for giving you the title to your book of random posts, Morning Rush? I think I originally suggested "Morning Rush: The Calm Before The Storm", it being marketed as a morning devotional reading before a busy day, but "Morning Rush" will do. What are royalties these days anyway?? :)

No really, thanks for your blog. It is a constant source of encouragement for me in my preaching. And by the way, your sermon 2 years ago at the Unity Workshop on Courageous Doctrine is one of the most if not the most inspirational messages I have ever heard. I have listened to that CD probably 20 times and am encouraged and refocused every time about unity. Thank you, thank you, thank you. God was powerfully with you that day.

Brenda said...

I am so happy that I have had the opportunity over the past year to grow from just blogging, to being something inspiring each day. Everyday I look forward to each of your post and they have truly helped me stay connected. Through this blog, you have kept me going over the past year. I love who you are, what you do, and how you do it. This has become my daily devotional and I'm glad that you are part of that. It's truly the highlight of my day to see what is going on in that mind of yours. Love you!
And Happy Anniversary!!!

Theresa said...

Happy Blogiversary! :)

Anonymous said...

Terry, I don't know how you do it. In my life you went from being a 'personality' hosting and speaking at a workshop, to recognizing me whenever we met up, to becoming personally involved in Hurricane Katrina relief ... and in the mix I have become good friends with Dusty. When I read your posts I always feel you are talking directly to me ...and I think all of your readers feel that way. I do not post every day because I feel unoriginal writing variations of "Great post!". They are great because you have let God be great in your life. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

And we didn't even have to go buy you some clothes for this!!!!

Stoogelover said...

Blogging is a rush (no pun intended), opening up an entirely new world of friendships and community. I'm glad you're a part of it all.

TREY MORGAN said...

Happy Anniversary... thanks for what you do. Don't always comment, but I do read. You've got a stong influence in the blog world, so please, keep it up.

Paul Woodhouse said...

Happy Blogiversary, Terry! Your blog is a part of my daily spiritual diet.

Donna G said...

I seldom comment either, but not only do I read daily but I forward many of your post to my elders and preacher. Thank you for this wonderful ministry!