Wednesday, September 19, 2007

THE IMPORTANT ROLE OF EDUCATION

(I will be away from the office for a few days. This most likely will be my final post of the week and will hope to get back to you early next week.)

I'm not certain many or any young ones read this blog. However, if some adults notice value in it, maybe you could pass it on. The importance of education is......well....important! Up front, I'm not one who has accumulated various levels of higher education. I am a full-time student of Life. While I have no degrees, I've grown to appreciate the enormous value of learning. God surely has room for me to serve in His kingdom. Yet, I so admire those who have their Bachelor's, Master's and some their Doctorates. What an applaudible and admirable accomplishment.

Learning never quits until the last breath. It's too fascinating, marvelous, essential, and necessary. I thoroughly enjoy the fact that at age 60, compared to all there is to be known, I am merely in kindergarten. This isn't a shameful thing but a compliment to God in all of His creative glories which still remain undetected by man's brilliance. I don't feel left out as I am positively engaged in the information process day by day.

I urge every young one to enthusiastically attend to their education; not to go to classes to just to put in their time, but to learn of matters most important to the value of benefiting mankind. I encourage you to get the best training by the sharpest mentors known. Excel. Study the good stuff and trash the junk food for the mind. Be one to break the code of mediocrity. Let nothing (location, finances, etc.) restrict you from dreaming of obtaining everything phenomenally available to equip you to be the best you can be.

Everyone can learn. Often when I pray, I will ask God what it is He wishes some preacher would learn that no one ever thought to explore up to this date. I really believe education is not the end. It is the perpetual process for productive life. Neither does it only register on the Richter scales of numbers and equations and formulas and theories. Education lives as a flower garden blooming into lush bouquets of respect and sensitivity for people.

I love to learn. As long as I choose to do this, I believe I'll never grow old. Rather, I will grow into newness day by day because even the Spirit of God knows the "mind" of God. Of course education can puff up. But, so can many other things. We will do well to take in the maturing processes of adjusting, failing and succeeding, trying, and wrestling with the educational possibilities that dance all around us.

Your mind: use it or lose it. I say let's use it to enhance the lives of others by willingly submitting to the course of determined training. We must not give up. If doors close in some areas, it seems they are opportunities for opening others. Learn. May it take us deeper into the undiscovered truths of God.

No comments: