His sentence inspired me to adventure into thinking how it might appear if the church were ahead of the world. And then......I began to wonder if, indeed, we are ahead of the world. I think we are. Here are ten items I see the kingdom already knows while the world lags behind:
- To live, die to self.
- To keep, give away.
- To be strong, use your weaknesses.
- To win, lose.
- To perpetually preserve in memory, consume weekly (Lord's Supper).
- To win an argument, don't argue.
- To get a lot done, don't engage in a lot of things. Focus.
- To be effectively active, be still and know He is God.
- To lead well, care about the reject.
- To care about the reject, remember if it weren't for His mercy you would still be one.
Maybe we aren't so far behind after all. What would you add to the list?