Saturday, June 23, 2007

LET GO. LET GOD.

For all I know that may be a bumper sticker slogan. Whatever the source, it's my message to you this Saturday. I so enjoy a new world having met Jesus on the road to the New City. I marvel. With all of the 21st century gadgets and unexplainables, one would think it might be more difficult to be astonished or amazed. Not so in the kingdom. I am perpetually wowed by His steadiness. God is remarkable.

Friends say I am always reading. There's a reason. I'm a very slow reader. Therefore, it takes me longer to get through even the simplest books. I'm not well educated; yet, I so enjoy the education I continually receive day by day. I study----a lot----everyday.

One truth I learn and re-learn is to let go and let God. Control, whether well-educated and whether well-organized, is a roadblock to kingdom progress. I love taking a singular passage of scripture and placing it in the crock pot of study, prayer, and ponderance during the week. I marvel at what God does to connect the dots of magnificence when and as soon as I retract my assertive ingenuity of study. He shows up! He leads me to information which does not come from flesh and blood. It comes from seeing and hearing His leadership.

I know this sounds funny, but for years I've hardly been able to wait for my turn to preach to find out what I will have to say. I go into every delivery with a loose plan. I expect Him to work with me. In years gone by we often heard our men pray, God, give Terry a ready recollection of the things he's about to say. Most of those men, I soon discovered, didn't believe what they prayed, but I do. Often I've taught true things which had never occurred to me 'til the moment of delivery. I'm not operating on automatic pilot of no need to study and just pray He'll show up. It's different. I expect God to take the many things He's tried to teach me during the week and co-labor with me. I anticipate He will put complete form to my sketchy skeleton of preparation.

I encourage you in both your study and your performance responsibilities to anticipate the touch of God in your work. If you'll keep moving forward in expectation; yet let go of the handle bars and guard rails, I think you, too, will discover a most amazing adventure. If the world thinks it's got wow by parading it beautiful islands, mountain regions, and Disney World, wait 'til it sees the hand of God working in our lives. The church? The funnest, most exhilarating enterprise ever!

Retract the fear controls. Expect the Living God. Toss the boredom! Accept the joy!!!! I can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments: