Friday, January 19, 2007

GOOD FRIDAY

Is believing easy or hard? Do you ever feel the shackles of doing faith? I mean, do you ever get frustrated with wanting to possess simple faith only to find it so complex? I do. So, today I want to be supportive of your faith trek.

Faith isn't a sheet of ten or fifteen instructions one picks up at Mardels. Relax, it's a lifestyle of fluidity due to perpetual growing, increasing, strengthening, and adjusting. Faith won't work for the lazy of mind and heart. It just won't because the mind that wants all matters set in stone is called to operate in matters set in Spirit.

I used to have a faith as frustrating as herding cats. I was spending all my time trying to keep every i dotted. I was nervous and neurotic. Such a life is wearying; eventually depressing.

I discovered I was trying to control God...and others. Romans 9:16 forced me to hand back the badge and the whistle. Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know I am God" was like shock to my not-be-still antsiness in the church.

Take a look at your day...and your schedule. Dismiss the things you've cooked up as "musts" and relax. Cancel some meetings. Stop the madness. Give yourself and others a break. Back off. Enjoy your Living God, His Living Word, and walk as if you are full of Him....Eph. 3:19.

Let's vow to really like today!

3 comments:

Donna G said...

Sounds like a good plan!

I think I will take the afternoon off and enjoy my babies!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder. I love you today!

Anonymous said...

Stepping on some toes there ... good things I'm wearing my steel-toed boots. :)

Thanks for the reminder!