Saturday, November 11, 2006

When Golfing Gets Rough

Thursday was a fabulous day to golf. Three of us ventured to our favorite course. As I was teeing up on the second hole we heard a blood-curdling scream and looked up.

The foursome coming our direction one fairway over had hit a shot which had veered in our direction. As the man was surveying his ball location his golf cart began to roll toward him. Panicked, his wife jump in to set the brake, but instead hit the accelerator. She ran into him, knocked him down, and kept screaming and keep pushing the accelerator to get the cart to stop.

It was a hilarious scene!

She knocked him out of his shoes and drug/pushed him 40 feet before the cart finally stopped on its own. Then she got out of the cart and another had joined by this time and they are hunched over asking the man if he was all right....with the cart still on him. They didn't back the cart off for several minutes.

The sight was hilarious. This man's shoes back up the fairway, him pinned beneath the front wheels and them leaning down to talk to him while this cart sets on him.

We lost our composure. I've never seen Ralph Gray cry. It took him four attempts to hit his drive because he kept stepping back and drying his tears. Ralph, who shoots in low to mid 80' s shot a 105 that afternoon.

Needless to say that couple didn't finish their round. She drove him back to the clubhouse and my guess is they have been in therapy ever since.

6 comments:

Liz Moore said...

It's too bad you didn't have a video camera! That sounds like a million dollar prize winner to me!! :)

JD said...

Hmm... you sound like the kid who laughs in the hall at school when someone falls and spills all their books.

Note to self: do not trip and fall down the stairs in front of Rush.

lol

Heather said...

This is just too classic.

My sides have been splitting all weekend.....

Shawn said...

Terry:
Seriously....you have to be the biggest magnet for funny happenings on the golf course on the planet. Be careful of how you laugh at others, don't make me unleash the comments of one Terry Rush with me and his two sons on a certain hole at La Fortune....that might just be the funniest (or the most disturbing) golf story in history.
I hope that you ahve a great day - Shawn

Anonymous said...

I just have no words for this! This poor couple! I even feel terrible for laughing about it but I can only imagine their conversation on the drive home! They may need a place to start life over soon! ;o)

David U said...

Thanks to you Rush, I have to clean off goo-gobs of drink off of my computer screen from spewing. But hey, that is a good thing....and well worth the laugh.
I probably will be laughin all day now.

Just warn us next time, ok?

DU